I have taken a variety of classes at UW within the Communications and Journalism schools, as well as in other fields of study. I currently hold a 3.509 cumulative grade-point average.
- Survey of Contemporary Media
- Critical analysis of television, film, radio, and digital media. Focused primarily on meanings, aesthetics, technology, media industries, representations and audiences.
- Communication and Human Behavior
- Concepts and processes relevant to communication and human behavior. Approaches to communication, the dynamics of face-to-face interaction and the functions of public communication.
- Dynamics of Online Relationships
- A 500 level seminar class examining how people form and portray identities online, manage personal relationships, and adapt to technology for social purposes.
- Semester project – designing a research study with the potential to have the study conducted at a UW lab.
- Introduction to Media Production
- Hands-on experience in the planning, screenwriting, shooting and editing of films. Projects included a documentary and a short narrative film.
- Edited using Adobe Premiere
- Sports Media
- Examination of sports media industry, texts, and audiences. Developing an understanding of sports media’s relationship to social, cultural, economic, and political structures.
- Introduction to Film
- Basic film analysis. Mandatory weekly film viewings, emphasis on describing and analyzing film style.
- Mass Media in Multicultural America
- Studied functions of print, film, electronic and digital media in multicultural America.
- Introduction to Television
- Focused on economic and regulatory structures, programming practices and audience.